Ten Pieces is an exciting new initiative for primary schools, led by BBC Learning and the BBC Performing Groups, focusing on classical music and creativity.
Starting in the autumn term with a week of special events for schools across the country, the project will culminate in a major celebratory finale in the summer of 2015.
Ten Pieces aims to open up the world of classical music to children and inspire them to develop their own creative responses to the pieces through music, dance or digital art. The repertoire includes a range of music from baroque to contemporary.
- John Adams: Short Ride In A Fast Machine
- Beethoven: Symphony No. 5 (1st movement)
- Britten: ‘Storm’ Interlude from ‘Peter Grimes’
- Grieg: In The Hall Of The Mountain King
- Handel: Zadok The Priest
- Holst: ‘Mars’ from ‘The Planets’
- Mozart: Horn Concerto No. 4 (3rd movement)
- Mussorgsky: A Night On The Bare Mountain
- Stravinsky: The Firebird – suite (1911) (Finale)
- Anna Meredith: Connect It